Workplace giving is an easy and effective way to help employees make a difference and show them that their workplace is actively supporting our local community’s most important issues. Employees of a company are given an opportunity to support United Way of San Joaquin County by donating a portion of their paycheck. In many cases, the donations from employees are pre-tax which helps keep the paycheck close to their regular take home amount. Many companies match their employees’ donations, which makes their charitable contributions go even further. Whether you’re a small business, major corporation, or even a nonprofit, you can join the thousands of local businesses and organizations that run workplace giving campaigns each year.
Benefits of a Workplace Giving Campaign?
Workplace Employee Campaigns are a great opportunity to engage employees, build a spirit of teamwork, and increase morale all while making an impact on the community.
- Campaign information about charitable organizations expands employees’ knowledge about their community.
- Enhanced Employee Relations
- Running a campaign provides a way for employees to improve their community. Also, participation in a campaign committee or events can help develop teambuilding skills and boost morale as employees learn to set goals, work together, and achieve positive results.
- Companies and their employees may be able to receive tax deductions and/or credits from charitable giving as well as enjoy the ease and convenience of payroll deduction.
- Community Leadership
- Creates a bond of philanthropic interest between employer and employee; each knowing the other is working for the community’s best interest. Companies prosper in healthy communities and tend to stay and increase their employee base. Companies outside the area are more likely to invest in communities with a well-educated workforce, attractive and safe neighborhoods, a strong educational system, and social services that address and reduce health and human service needs.
- Corporate Recognition
- Campaigns demonstrate to employees, customers, and the public at large that community service, impact, and leadership are a company priority. Companies that participate in campaigns are often recognized in events, media, marketing materials, and other platforms. Companies receive third-party recognition from United Way, other nonprofits and can also use campaign participation results in their own internal and external communications such as websites, press releases, and annual reports.
- Improved Customer Relations and Loyalty
- Market research shows that customers are more likely to purchase goods and services from companies that support their local community.
How do I start a Workplace Giving Campaign?
United Way of San Joaquin County will partner with you to develop a customized workplace giving campaign that aligns with your workplace values, as well as the interests of your employees. We will provide guidance and support to assist you in building your fundraising team and running an effective campaign.
If you're interested in starting a workplace campaign today, please email United Way, email@example.com.
In this section, you can download any forms you might need to help with your United Way campaign.
With your workplace giving campaign, you can direct your payroll deduction to United Way, or to one of the many amazing nonprofits located in San Joaquin county and beyond! We've curated a list of nonprofits in San Joaquin County and you can find them alphabetized below.
Manteca Gospel Rescue Mission
Manteca Youth Focus
Mary Graham Childrenâ€™s Foundation
Oasis City Center
One-Eighty Teen Center
Partners for International Compassion
Pregnancy Resource Center of Tracy
Quilts of Honor
Ready To Work
Reinvent South Stockton Coalition
Salvation Army, Lodi Corps
Salvation Army, Stockton Corps
San Joaquin A+
San Joaquin Pride Center
Second Harvest of Greater Valley
Showered with Love
Sow A Seed Community Foundation
St. Anne's Catholic Church
St. John's Episcopal Church
St. Mary's Dining Room
Stockton 209 Cares
Stockton Crime Stoppers
Stockton Police Chaplaincy
Stockton Shelter for the Homeless
Table Community Foundation
The Stockton Chorale
The Echo Chamber Project
Three Seeds Organization
Tracy Art League
Tracy Community Connections Center
Tracy Interfaith Ministries
Tuleburg Press - The Write Place
United Cerebral Palsy
United Sikh Movement (USM)
United Way of San Joaquin County
Victory In Praise Church
Visionary Home Builders
Women's Center-Youth & Family Services
World of Wonders Science Museum, Inc.
YMCA of San Joaquin County